[wplug] Software Freedom Day 2008

David Tessitor davetessitor at pghfree.net
Wed Aug 13 15:59:07 EDT 2008

Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2008, at 6:23 AM, Andrew Fisk wrote:
>

>> add
>>
>> NVU
>>

> NVU hasn't been updated since 2005, I thought.  Is there a better
> alternative?  It isn't even an Intel binary.
>
> --
> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org>

KompoZer is the derivative of NVU that is supposedly under current
active development.  Last release was last year (2007-08-09).

This from the developer submitted 2008-07-25 on the sourceforge forum
for KompoZer:

------
Yes, this app is still under development.

Sorry for the lack of activity in this project but I'm the only
developer and I work on KompoZer on my free time. I'm doing my best to
release a new version in september, with a new site manager and
hopefully a better code base - this is by far the most important point
for the future of KompoZer.

I do keep a eye of the bug reports in the tracker, but I prefer to use
the little time I have for coding. If anybody here has some time to
manage the bug tracker, please contact me. And of course, if you're
experienced in C++ or XUL/JavaScript, feel free to submit some patches. ;-)

-Kaze
-------

He also got a volunteer to help out with the bug tracker on July 28th.
Maybe we will be seeing something by the time of SFD.

Dave