[wplug] Software Freedom Day 2008

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:10:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Andrew Fisk <andy at spitcomp.com> wrote:
> add
>
> NVU
> Thunderbird
>
> not sure if most mac users will understand X11 apps -- when I am on a
> mac I expect that my menus will stay put , that my fonts will be
> available (particularly for Inkscape users) and that my printers will
> work.

Such reasons are why I suggested Camino (fits better than Firefox) and
OOo 3 or Neo (non-X11).  NVU was replaced with Kompozer, though.  And
I haven't noticed missing fonts in Inkscape.  Mail is nice enough
though, that I wouldn't replace it.  The whole Mail / Address Book /
iCal thing is so perfectly integrated (they all work together but you
can use only one or two if you want...when will Evolution catch up?
It's still doing things that awful Outlook style).

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169