[wplug] PHP mail() problems

Paul Oehler poehler at interworx.com
Tue Aug 12 15:28:56 EDT 2008

>> There's really nothing in the qmail send log at all when you try to
>> send from php?  Does the php mail command return true or false?
>
> Nope.  Nothing at all. The only time info gets sent there is when I
> use the cli.  The mail command returns false.  I don't know how to get
> any specific info as to what the failure is.

Very odd.  I assume apache/php is running as a non-root user - maybe try
exec'ing /usr/sbin/sendmail as that user at the command line and see if you
get any errors.  I'd also check the apache error log as well just in case.
In my experience the "default" sendmail_path is what you want (with the
default options it passes as well).

Paul