[wplug] PHP mail() problems

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:56:37 EDT 2008

I tried sending this the php list, but haven't got any answers back.
So I'm hoping that someone from this list could help out.

I have a CentOS box that runs a few websites and just recently someone
wanted to use php's mail() function.

So I installed qmail and set it up to just send messages and not act
as a mail server so no smtp.

I can send messages from the command line and they get delivered;
however, the php mail function fails.  I'm not seeing any thing in the
qmail logs.  It seems like php isn't calling the qmail executable.

For those not familiar with qmail ... part of the setup involves
renaming the sendmail executable and linking a qmail senmail wrapper.

Here are the permissions:

[root at apbt /var/qmail/bin]# ls -la sendmail
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root qmail 10844 Aug 12 00:33 sendmail

And here is the link:
[root at apbt /usr/sbin]# ls -la sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Aug 12 20:11 sendmail -> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin