[wplug] Linux programs to troubleshoot a DiCom problem

Tom Fetherston tfetherston at ncdcorp.com
Mon Aug 11 13:45:48 EDT 2008

Since no one has been foolish enough to hire me for my CS degree from
Pitt, I find myself refurbishing and installing X-Ray equipment for a
small company in Cleveland.  I put in a piece of equipment that captures
x-rays from an image intensifier via a CCD camera, and then puts them
into DiCom format (basically a medical image protocol) and send them to
a DiCom Archiver/Workstation that lets the Doc's review them.

Worked fine for six months, then it started pop-ing up an error message
and causing the workstation to file each image in a study as a separate
study instead of  just adding the image.

Looks like I'm going to have to go to Phoenix and try and resolve this,
and I was wondering if their are some handy Linux tools to inspect what
is going on.  Also consider that I might need some addition hardware as
I'll only have a laptop with one RJ45 port.

These things often come down problems between the  gathering equipment
to vendors PACS network, the hard part of which is finding whose
equipment is at fault.

Any suggestion?

Tom Fetherston