[wplug] Netwars [was: US Gov warns of id theft in China]

Neal Sofge neal_sofge at rand.org
Sun Aug 10 22:12:05 EDT 2008

> a true nuclear war would wipe out most lifeforms on the planet
> except for the blue green algae on the ocean floor and the
> cockroaches!

Cockroaches' radiation resistance is shared among most insects, but
they don't do well in cold conditions (i.e., nuclear winter).  I
think the ants and termites would fare better, though roaches are
more cinematic.

As for the rest of the biosphere, it's tougher than you think.

--
Neal Sofge, Lead Web Technologist
RAND Corporation <http://www.rand.org/>

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.