[wplug] indexing

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Fri Apr 25 12:57:49 EDT 2008

Michael Skowvron wrote:
> Justin Ehrlichman wrote:
>> One of the
>> responsibilities they mentioned was "indexing"
>
> They may be referring to the organization and categorizing of
> information on their various websites or other in other tools.
>
> Google for 'Information Architecture' to see if that might be what they
> are interested in.

This is probably the closest of the suggestions that I've heard so far.  If
you're applying for a Unix system admin, there's good chances that you're
managing some sort of distributed storage system (NFS, etc).  Taking care
of a large filesystem requires a bit of finagling to ensure information is
placed in sensible locations and easily accessible.  It's a little like a
digital librarian in those cases -- except you get to play with large SANs
and stuff like that.

--Patrick