[wplug] Reasonable message size limit?

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:49:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Janos Dohanics <web at 3dresearch.com> wrote:

> 10 MB may be small for the total mailbox size. Only I think that it's
> becoming
> a trend that people store many of their work related and large files in
> IMAP
> mailboxes, and it doesn't seem to me a good way to "organize" ones work...

If it weren't for ssh, I would store a lot of files in my IMAP mailboxes.
Isn't there even a fuse extension to use gmail as a drive?  Same idea but
developed out to the nth degree.

I can understand that many people don't have the time or inclination to
learn ssh, or don't have ssh available on the target (ie windows) server, so
they resort to the one thing that will always be available: imap.  Its one
of the worst ways to store your files so that its accessible from anywhere.
The only things worse are everything except ssh.