[wplug] The End of the Telcos?

David J. Pryke david-wplug at pryke.us
Tue Apr 15 11:36:27 EDT 2008

Michael Semcheski wrote:

> I guess its basically big government vs. small government.  But my point
> is that I want them to focus on doing the things they need to do really
> well before they start looking for new things to run.

Agreed, and that is why I believe it needs to be a separate private
(public?) enterprise with public interests at heart, and a transparent
process and motive.  Not in business for profit, but to better the
communications landscape.  "Non-profit" in idea, if not in fact (depends on
limitations of "non-profit" status - as that status could be limiting to the
business goals and process.)  Leave the government out of it, leave the
incumbents out of it, use the money supplied by subscribers and donors to
build it and run it.

--
Thanks,

David J. Pryke