[wplug] Apache help

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:59:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Tom Rhodes <trhodes at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Personally, I'd move the allow,deny directives out of the virtual host and
> make them global

That might have unintended consequences if he's got other sites running on
this server.

To me, the fact that the global DocumentRoot is showing up, instead of the
vhost's DocumentRoot, says that there's some configuration problem (possibly
a typo) in the problem vhost.

I'd scrutinize the heck out of the vhost.  Make sure its got a .conf file
extension and is in the right directory.  Make sure there are no typos.
Remove the trailing slash from the DocumentRoot (though I don't think this
is the problem.)

If that doesn't work, take one of the vhosts that is, copy it, and carefully
alter it to do what you want.  At each step along the way, reload the
configuration and see when / if it breaks.