[wplug] Apache help

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:37:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Chris Romano <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm having a problem getting a website working.  I have a CentOS 5 box
> > running Apache 2.x.  This box has a number of sites on it and they all
> > are working correctly.  When I try to access the site, I get the
> > apache splash page ... when I access it with domainname/index.html, I
> > get 403 Forbidden error.  I tried changing the file to 777 and it's
> > owned by a user and the apache user is part of the group ownership.
> > This is how the other sites are setup as well.  I tried to disable
> > SELinux and that didn't help, unless I did it wrong.  I tried
> > everything that I could find from google, and nothing.
> >

> You need to look at whether Apache is allowing or denying access to the
> directory...
>
> Check  /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and /etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf

Are you talking about this?

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster at calvaryofwashington.com
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/calvaryofwashington.com/
   ServerName www.calvaryofwashington.com
   ServerAlias calvaryofwashington.com
   ErrorLog logs/calvaryofwashington.com-error_log
</VirtualHost>

Chris

--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin