[wplug] Environment Variables

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Tue Apr 8 14:23:10 EDT 2008

I tried this on another Linux PC and you are correct that they don't
hold after closing.

If that is the case then let me modify my help request.
My system has 4 environment variables, ftp_proxy, http_proxy, FTP_PROXY,
and HTTP_PROXY, that contain my user name and password (security is not
an issue).  If I didn't enter them, how did they get there and how do I
modify them. Changing the authentication in Gnome's
System/Preferences/Network Proxy does not change them.

I noticed that my other Linux PC's only have http_proxy.

Is there some system level file that sets up the environment vars?

Lawrence A. Weber
Consulting Engineer