[wplug] Environment Variables

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Tue Apr 8 13:46:56 EDT 2008

Distro: Fedora Core 6
Shell: BASH

I no long seem to be able to permanently set or export environment
variables.  Any change, var=varvalue and then export var, will only be
in effect for the duration of the shell instance.  It will not be in
effect for additionally opened terminals or if the terminal is closed
and reopened.  I checked .bashrc and .bash_profile to see if they were
overwriting the variables but that is not the case.  I tried this for
both root and user.  The same condition occurs when I try to create a
new variable.  It has not been a good week for me with any PC.

-laweber