[wplug] Verizon FIOS experience with Linux?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sun Apr 6 15:04:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:43 -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> I'll never EVER get any Internet offered by Verizon again.

Tom:

I agree.  When you dance with devil, you _wait_ for the music to stop.

Verizon's DSL DSLAM in the Georgetown (Wasdc0 area) was down for 12+
hours on Friday and no one thought anything of it.

The FIOS cable television menus are so slow and unresponsive its an
embarrassment to IT professionals everywhere.  At least Comcast had an
excuse: The network is asynchronous at the protocol level (DOCSIS). Here
that only applies for the 15' from your turner to the bridge in your
basement.

They're the worst possible recopies of both a both government subsidized
bureaucracy mixed with capitalism.

They just don't give a shit about anyone or anything.  They'd club a
baby seal over the head to make a buck.

~BAS