[wplug] Newbie needs install help after grub 17 error

Ryan Moszynski ryan.m.public at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:32:30 EST 2008

you've probably seen this 24 page thread:

and this one on the gentoo forums:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=120802

are you doing the default ubuntu install and allowing it to format
your entire disc for you?
that would simplify things.  or, if you have some partitioning scheme
in mind, try setting your
partitions up with gparted off of the systemrescuecd mini-livecd.
I've found ubuntu's
installation partitioning tool to be pretty wonky.

when you boot the live cd, can ubuntu mount the existing partitions of
your hard drive?