[wplug] Verizon FIOS experience with Linux?

Nathan Marcus latefreight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:23:00 EST 2008

If it is the same physical infrastructure, what are the top reasons to
go through nidhog? especially with FiOS since as I understand it even
uses the same backbone, unlike some dsl which got on a different
backbone (Speakeasy for instance).

I used to have Speakeasy, and loved the quality support (which was
rarely needed with their smooth service).  But really, on the Verizon
FiOS connection I have now - there have been absolutely, positively
zero problems in the past 2 years I've had it.  And I even signed up
"dry-loop" internet connection only, then later on used the POTS over
Fiber, then switched to Callvantage, and even then (which an event in
the past where the billing went fe-kuckta and I ended up switching to
Speakeasy) I still had no problems with my connection OR phone
service.

Also I use a pfsense router, and at the time I had it, MoCA wasn't
even used - period.

Greg, or anyone, can you shed any light on Nidhog's advantages with FiOS?