[wplug] Wine/IE memory leak?

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 07:14:09 EST 2008

I would definitely recommend going the virtualization route rather
than using Wine, be it VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen (VT processor support
is needed here), or Qemu. This is much less hassle, plus you *know*
how it will look/function on Windows *, rather than trying to guess
whether a bug is in Wine or IE.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Larry Daberko <larry at daberko.com> wrote:
> We tried several different browsers and changing browser ID strings.  It
> seems the site uses some unique IE functions because the website is
> completely blank in everything except IE.
>
>  LBD
>

>  DK wrote:
>
> > Have you tried the site with Opera [native on Linux]?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:56 PM, DK <curlynoodle at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Have you tried the site with Opera [native on Linux]?
> > >
> > >  Dave
> > >

> > >  On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:40 AM,  <larry at daberko.com> wrote:
> > >  > I've got a user who needs to access an IE only site.  I installed
> Wine
> > >  >  0.9.56 on Fedora 8 and ran IEs4linux to install IE 6.  As the user
> leaves
> > >  >  the IE window open, memory is consumed slowly until all of memory
> and swap
> > >  >  fills and the machine locks up.
> > >  >
> > >  >  Closing the IE window doesn't kill the session or release the memory
> all
> > >  >  the time.
> > >  >
> > >  >  Anyone else having this issue?  What other alternatives should I
> look at?
> > >  >
> > >  >  Thanks,
> > >  >  Larry Daberko