[wplug] Grub location for dual boot

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Thu Sep 27 09:51:36 EDT 2007

I originally went through the process of setting up my machine to dual boot
ubuntu and vista (with bitlocker). Vista's bootloader is installed to the
MBR and configured with an entry which points to the right partition for
ubuntu. I now find myself needing to reinstall ubuntu, and if I remember
correctly it will try and install grub to the MBR by default. What I need to
know is if there is a switch or someplace during setup that I can tell the
ubuntu setup process to install grub at the beginning of its partition and
not the MBR. Then presumably I won't need to change anything in Vista's
bootloader.

Thanks.
Arnaud-