[wplug] Re: NFS Availability Issues -- why I should just help off-list (post-note)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Sep 13 14:25:55 EDT 2007

Okay, first off, no one needs to send me off-list e-mails asking me
to stay on-list.  That wasn't my real point, or a threat that I was
leaving the list.  I wasn't going "wah, I want my ball!"  I
personally and professionally don't like it when people do that
myself.

Secondly, my point was a self-admission that I tend to be
"unprofessional" in my responses at some point.  No matter how I word
it or my grave concern actually is, my eventual set of responses,
combined with being in the "extreme minority," tend to cause issues
for the group in general.  Too many people don't see the message I'm
trying to say, and they look at it like it was ego or some other
reason why I posted a response.  So that's why I eventually just
start responding off-list.

That's all I meant and I didn't mean to prompt off-list e-mails of
support.  My apologies to all, and no need to send me any support
off-list.

-- Bryan

P.S.  As I'm leaving the Pittsburgh area after 9/27, I will be going
into digest-only mode on this list.  And, yes, that means I won't
likely post anymore.  I've just learned to do this with LUG lists as
well, especially when 1-2 people don't like me posting when I no
longer live in the area.  Thanx for understanding, no off-list
e-mails of support or thanx required (although I fully expect a few,
"can't hold a job, eh?" type messages ;), just an FYI.

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com