[wplug] NFS Availability Issues -- more info on your network ...

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:41:38 EDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> I didn't mean the /etc/exports, I meant the _client_ options.
>   Hard v. soft, intr v. (no intr), etc...

All defaults on the clients.

> > Question three:  Depends.  Am I at home when it happens?  Usually
> > not a long time.
>
> You mean this has happened before?

No, the server has only been online for a month.  And I was at home
when it happened.

> > A working UPS will solve this particular problem in the future, but
> > there are always problems which you can't anticipate.
>
> And you want to throw more complexity into the pile?  ;)

I'm alright with increasing the complexity.  But I imagine if we do
change things up, it will be to go to AFS, which from what I can tell
has better availability.  (through local caching.)

Thanks for discussing this with me!

Mike