[wplug] NFS Availability Issues -- more info on your network ...

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:07:52 EDT 2007

Regarding the UPS...  The persons responsible for that will be sacked.

Question one:    I believe the only option is "no root access", but I
don't have it in front of me.

Question two:    No.  /home is the only share.

Question three:  Depends.  Am I at home when it happens?  Usually not
a long time.

Question four:   They can wait.  I'd rather they didn't have to, but
the world did not end at 18:47 today, as you can plainly see.

A working UPS will solve this particular problem in the future, but
there are always problems which you can't anticipate.

Regarding rsync'ing the home directories:  Doesn't work.  Disk on the
server is that much bigger than the disks on the workstations.  That
is, all the disks in the workstations combined don't equal the size of
the home partition on the server.