[wplug] Rules of Civility -- WAS: Thoughts & Considerations for email server

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Mon Sep 10 15:39:36 EDT 2007

   I suspect that it was either Bierce or Twain who postulated that
brilliance was less a purely creative capability than having the taste to
recognise another's truly creative concept, and then the ability to later
recognise its' congruety to a new scenario.

(Any resemblence to creativity on the part of the author indicates that you
might need to re-read his hypothesis). (or is it an unprovable hypothesis
that becomes, instead, an axiom?).

             terry mcintyre
             <terrymcintyre at ya
             hoo.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  General user list <wplug at wplug.org>
             wplug-bounces+bre                                          cc
             any=csc.com at wplug
             .org                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [wplug] Rules of Civility --
                                       WAS: Thoughts & Considerations for
             09/10/2007 03:23          email server
             PM

             Please respond to
             General user list
             <wplug at wplug.org>

>From what I have discovered via Google, G.W. can be credited with copying
these maxims, not with any authorship. He might have translated them from
the French, but that is not evident. On the other hand, he seems to have
been an effective marketer of those ideas.

Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com>
They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind
masters; but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster