[wplug] video card power consumption

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Sep 10 11:30:44 EDT 2007

And I'm telling you that I have always had issues with Intel output
if it wasn't VGA or, more recently, DVI (not converted).

Yes, Intel finally "got serious" with the i945/955 GPU on Linux
when it comes to the "stock" _desktop_ with "stock" monitor.

But Linux continues to be an "afterthought" when it comes to Intel.
Just a warning when you're looking at notebooks and alternative output.
I'll post everything else in another thread on this point.

So power consumption is secondary to the thing actually _working_. ;)

Bryan J Smith - mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile