[wplug] video card power consumption

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 9 22:05:19 EDT 2007

I'm thinking about changing video cards in my currently MythTV box.
Right now I've got a fanless NVidia GeForce 6600LE with 256MB of ram.
The problem is that the card runs really hot, around 67 celsius, causing
problems in my home theater setup, so I'm looking at switching to
something better.

Does anyone know of a site that provides a good comparison of the power
consumption of modern video cards?  Overall performance isn't critical
for me as it's just running MythTV over a DVI->HDMI cable.  Hopefully
someone knows of a good site where I can look at some of the tradeoffs
of the cards.

If need be, I'm not opposed to upgrading motherboards to something with
integrated video either.

So, anyone know where I can find something like tomshardware.com VGA
charts that shows power consumption?

Thanks!

--Patrick