[wplug] Perl System Funcion

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 12:00:33 EDT 2007

Matthew T. Engel wrote:
> Something like System(“cd /home/$user/$web_root && ls), does an ls on
> /home/$user rather than /home/$user/$web_root.  The system() function
> returns 0, I get the same thing if I try system(cd /home/$user && cd
> $web_root && ls).

Test script:

$user="terry";
$web_root="Desktop";

$result = system("cd /home/$user/$web_root && ls");

print "$result";

... worked as expected; it listed the contents of /home/terry/Desktop

Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com>
They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster