[wplug] WPLUG Socialization idea using MythTV (Justin Ehrlichman)

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 26 08:56:39 EDT 2007

Michael Semcheski wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> If by awesome you mean awesomely crappy quality and so laggy that 78
>> year old grandmothers with 20/300 vision in Houghton, Michigan are
>> scoring headshots on you left and right.
>
> I think the idea was to make the xbox a MythTV CLIENT, not to actually
> run it through a DVR.
>
> Too bad for all of the grandmothers in Houghton, Michigan.

You can run MythTV on an XBox, but not an XBox 360.  All those are good
for is Viva Pinata and having 13 year olds swear like sailors when they
get screwed in Uno on XBox live.

The PS3 can operate as a Myth Frontend, however the framebuffer device
has some issues with High def right now.  There was a small hack where
someone had simple streaming to a PSP working.

--Patrick