[wplug] mouse dying?

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Thu Oct 25 14:31:27 EDT 2007

> Lately my mouse has been randomly dying. X still runs fine but my
> mouse cursor disappears. I have to restart gdm to get it working
> again. So I'm wondering why this is happening and how to stop it and
> if it does keep happening anyone know how to get the mouse working
> again without having to restart X?

I used to (back in '99 or so) have a similar problem.  Actually I used to have _LOTS_ of problems with mice.  What usually got me out of it was turning off "RenderAccel" under the Screeb section of my XFree.conf or xorg.conf file.  That takes the drawing of the mouse pointer out the hands of your graphics card, and into the hands of your X server.

Not sure if it still works, but it might be worth a shot.