[wplug] VOIP recommendation

Phil Groschwitz ssc1478 at aim.com
Wed Oct 24 19:06:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:25:14 -0700 (PDT)
terry mcintyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You could put it inside the firewall, just make sure that the
> appropriate ports are open.

What are those ports?  One place I read it needs 10000 ports open and
another post said two ports per concurrent conversation.  If I open up
ports, how to I ensure its only vonage traffic coming through?

At vonage's website, I was looking at the Motorola VT2542.
http://www.vonage.com/device.php?type=VT2542&refer_id=AFLGN070313001W1

That one device would replace my firewall, hub, & WAP for just $60.  (I
paid more than that last year or 2 just for the WAP!) Would that be
an unwise move?

Phil