[wplug] VOIP recommendation

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:55:30 EDT 2007

I've been using Broadvoice (http://www.broadvoice.com/) with my Asterisk box
for a couple months now and haven't had any issues. They allow 2
simultaneous calls per account, and it's pretty hard to beat their unlimited
international plan (35 countries) for around $25/month. The only problem I
have with them is that if you get their ATA, they keep the configuration on
their end and upload it to the box. So, it's not possible to make changes on
your end; you need to call them in the case of maybe setting up PPTP instead
of DHCP for your WAN connection.

On 10/24/07, terry mcintyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You could put it inside the firewall, just make sure that the appropriate
> ports are open.
>
> Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com>
> They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind
> masters; but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Thanks,

Max