[wplug] Boot drive work around

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:19:44 EDT 2007

Michael Semcheski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a Thinkpad X41 that I would like to install Fedora on.  The
> catch is this laptop does not have any built in removable media.
>
> I have a 150GB USB drive that I can boot from, but it isn't clear to
> me what the best way to get an ISO file onto the drive is.  Any ideas?
>
> I don't mind having to reformat the USB drive before and after, if necessary.

Why not just use the USB boot media for Fedora and do the rest of the
install over a network?  Then you can install off a thumb drive See
section 3 on this page:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/sn-which-files.html

Otherwise, if you're really stuck, poke me again.  My wife has an X41
with the media slice and a DVD drive I can let you use at an installfest
or something.

--Patrick