[wplug] This weekend on WPLUG: MythTV

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:05:04 EDT 2007

scoob8000 wrote:
> On 10/17/07, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
>> Come one, come all to Newell Simon Hall 1507, this Saturday at 10:00
>> AM to hear Patrick Wagstrom speak about MythTV.
>
> I'm one of those lurkers whos never made it out to a WPLUG event.
>
> Has anyone ever considered making a video archive of the meetings/events?
>
> One of these days I'll be in attendance...

We've talked about recording the events and placing them on Google
Video, however as of right now, no one has volunteered equipment that
would be sufficient quality.  It's not that we're looking for perfect
production quality, however we would need equipment that can do the
following:

1. Record more then 1 continuous hour
2. Mix in the images from the slide show

Because WPLUG is a volunteer organization, we haven't found someone to
do this yet, so if you (or someone else) would like to volunteer, let me
or another board member know.

Fortunately, editing just got a wee bit easier thanks to the newest
release of Pitivi.

--Patrick