[wplug] meet the candidates and elections

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 17 11:29:50 EDT 2007

In case you missed it, we're having an election for new WPLUG board
members on Saturday, if you're a member, please make an effort to attend.

To get an idea about the candidates beforehand, some candidates will try
to be available on IRC tonight (October 17, 2007) from 8-9pm.  Simply
connect to irc.freenode.net using your favorite IRC client and join
channel #WPLUG to participate in the discussion.

We've put a wiki page with statements from the candidates.  Each
candidate has been emailed twice asking for statements.  If there isn't
a statement up there for your favorite candidate, it's because they've
chosen not to respond.

http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Election-20071020

Finally, Michael Hansell has asked that his name be withdrawn from the
ballot.  You can still chose to vote for him, as our election system
allows you to vote for all the candidates, however, regardless of the
outcome he will not be on the board next year.

--Patrick