[wplug] Verizon getting developers attention

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:49:13 EST 2007

But the article linked to at the bottom of that article says that starting
at the beginning of next year, because Verizon is 40-something % owned by
Vodafone, they're switching to GSM.  I think that's what the article
originally linked was alluding to.

On Nov 30, 2007 1:47 PM, Richard Farina <sidhayn at gmail.com> wrote:

> If by OpenMoko you mean the Fic Neo1973 (phone), I don't recall reading
> that Verizon has switched over to GSM in that article, so sadly no.
> That's what happens when the biggest network in the country uses
> inferior CDMA technology because it is cheaper.  OpenMoko, however, does
> support other phones, so those may end up working in the long run, but
> those other phones are simply not as functional as the Neo is yet.
>
> -Rick Farina
>
> Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> > Does this mean Verizon customers can use OpenMoko???
> >
> > On Nov 30, 2007 10:57 AM, G.Pitman <gpitman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> This is not specifically linux related but interesting from a developer
> >> standpoint.
> >> http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/60516.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the
> >> mashed potatoes."

Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169
ACM Member #3445683