[wplug] Advertising ideas

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Nov 28 13:30:42 EST 2007

Patrick Wagstrom <patrick at wagstrom.net> wrote:

> Great ideas.  WPLUG has a PR committee that has tried some of these before,
> but not all of them.  You may want to talk to Vance about ways to get some
> of these implemented.

Yes, if Zach or anyone else is interested in promoting WPLUG,
the best way is probably to get involved with the PR committee.
Mike Semcheski may be the best person to contact about this, or
try Dave Kraus, Ted Rodgers, or Brian Seklecki, who are also on
this committee.

> Zach wrote:
> >
> > * merchandise (coffee mugs, pens, mouse pads, etc maybe have contest
> > at each installfest and give some away)

You can purchase items with the WPLUG logo from
<http://cafepress.com/wplug> (the mug is really nice).  We do have
some promotional items we've been given that we should make more
effort to hand out.

Thanks for the suggestions!