[wplug] Firefox is too bloated (bookmark insanity)

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:13:51 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 1:24 PM, Zach <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What do you consider an insane amount of physical ram?
>
> I have 256MB and I've seen Firefox eat up 255MB.

Wow!   The worst I've yet seen is here on my work PC, using nearly 180MB
with multiple tabs open.

Do you have any addon's installed?  I've noticed some seem to eat up the
memory.  Also if a browser session
stays open for a long time (days on end) the memory usage begins to grow.

In fact, just now I looked at my work PC.  I'm at 166MB and growing, and FF
has been open since last Friday.
Just to test, I restarted FF.  With all the same exact tabs open, I'm down
to 48MB.

FWIW: My work PC is running Win2k, and FF 2.0.