[wplug] Firefox is too bloated (bookmark insanity)

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:26:44 EST 2007

> If you go to about:config and set browser.chrome.favicons to false,
> that should disable loading favicons.  Don't know if it will remove
> those that have already been saved with bookmarks, though.

Beat me to the punch.  That will definitely trim down your bookmarks.  I had
turn my favicons off too, my bookmark file got too large for my bookmarks
synchronizer
plugin to work properly.

You can also try setting "browser.cache.memory.enable" to false in
about:config.  This helped out
a little on my work pc (which is very short pressed for ram).

What do you consider an insane amount of physical ram?

-Mike