[wplug] is firefox on linux just really slow with animations?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Nov 9 12:52:27 EST 2007

> So, if you've got a minute visit the following two web sites and do the
> following tests:
>
> http://script.aculo.us/
>
> Do the bubbles on the page pop up nice an quickly, or does it remind you of
> an Apple ][e trying to render the graphics line by line?
>
> http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
>
> Click on Image Set (second row of pictures).  Does the lightbox come up
> smoothly?  Does it resize nicely when you press the arrow keys?

 	Pretty quick for me on EL4, but I have a laptop with a NVidia
Go1000 in it. I'd say you've either got a deprecated video card, or a
not-so-great driver.

 	Google Earth is useless on a couple of machines at home (ATI
Rage-related poor excuse for a video card), for instance, but it seriously
rocks on this Go1000.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net