[wplug] Backup tool?

Sam Al-Droubi saldroubi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 14:06:03 EST 2007

Thank you all for the responses.  I looked at BackupPC and Bacula and they looked like an enterprise wide solution and time-consuming to set up.  The closest think I could find similar to ntbackup on Windows is command-line script written with tar.

I am just looking to a backup my desktop to a nfs or a usb drive.  I don't know how easy it is to setup rsync and if it does keep older versions of the files.   Any comments?

Thank you.
Sam Al-Droubi wrote:
 I am relatively new to Linux.  I am using Opensuse 10.3. I am looking for a simple and easy backup tool to use for backing up my personal files.  I want to backup my files to a USB hard drive or network drive (nfs).  On Windows XP, I used to use ntbackup.  Is there a similar tool on Linux to use?

 Thank you.

 Sincerely,
 Sam Al-Droubi, M.S.
 saldroubi at yahoo.com