[wplug] Screen off center

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Wed Nov 7 11:44:35 EST 2007

I'm having a problem with my ubuntu 7.10 install. When I connect my laptop
to its docking station which has a 22 inch dell widescreen monitor, the
screen is pushed to the right so that I have a 3 inch black stripe on the
left of my monitor while 3 inches are cut off on the right side. It's
running in the correct 1680x1050 resolution. If I switch the resolution to
1280x1024 then the right side appears but part of the left side is cut off.
My monitor does not have an auto-center button and manually setting the
horizontal positioning as far to the left as it will go doesn't fix the
problem. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Arnaud-