[wplug] red tint?

Moshe Hyzon mokatz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:02:32 EST 2007

That sounds like the cold-cathode florescent lamp backlight in the
display is starting to go.  The screensaver turns off the lamp to save
power, and now that the lamp is getting old, it is taking longer to
warm up, resulting in the reddish hue for a little while before the
tube comes up to temperature.

Not much you can do about it other than replace the CCFL backlight,
but this is usually a lot more trouble than it's worth, and expensive
to boot.

On the other hand, if you can bear with it, you'll probably have at
least another year or two of use before the thing finally give up the
ghost and stops coming on for good.

Moshe