[wplug] red tint?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:43:15 EST 2007

Hi,

In the past 3-4 weeks I noticed my screensaver will turn off after
some period of time (gnome-screensaver) and then if my laptop sits in
this state for a long time (say 2+ hours) the screen will have a
redish hue to it when I come back and exit the screensaver. When this
happens the screen is black, then I move mouse or hit a key on the
keyboard and the screensaver comes alive again and prompts me for a
password. Does anyone know what is going on and is this bad for my
LCD? I think maybe there some power management feature is being
activated but I looked in BIOS and didn't see anything set
Also, I observed the same problem when I used no screensaver and when
I used xlock. The red-ish hue disappears after about 20-30 seconds
when I return to using the desktop. Run Linux 2.6.18 Debian system and
use GNOME2 desktop and fvwm2 window manager.

Zach