[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest Saturday, November 10, 10am-5pm, CMU NSH 1507

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Nov 6 13:15:16 EST 2007

The Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group is hosting an Installfest
on Saturday, November 10, 2007 from 10am - 5pm on the campus of
Carnegie Mellon University in 1507 Newell Simon Hall.  This event is
free, open to members and non-members alike, and no RSVP is required.

An installfest is an opportunity to share and learn from other members
of the Western Pennsylvania Linux community.  It's pretty straight
forward, you bring your computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and
accessories -- we supply power, Internet access and some folks to help
you through the process.  We hope to see you there.

Our special theme for this installfest is OpenSolaris, an emerging
open-source operating system with code released from Sun Microsystems'
Solaris at its base.  We plan to have a system set up for people to
perform a network boot and install of the OpenSolaris Developer
Preview, as well as CDs if you want to take it home to try out.

Important Notice: Please see the map at <http://tinyurl.com/39a7al> or
<http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=1> for parking
information and directions to the room.  Please try to enter through
the outside entrance of NSH 1507.  If you have heavy computer
equipment, we'll try to figure out a way to get it down there.  Thanks.