[wplug] Help wanted- mysql security expert, mediawiki extentions expert, monkeybot maintainer

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Sun May 27 14:40:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

This weekend I have been trying to build a temporary redundant system as a
way to kickstart Operation Murder the Penguin...
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-plan/2007-April/001886.html

As I migrated data and services, it became apparent that I have just
enough knowledge to get things up in running. Going live as-is would be
ugly at best.

We could use some help in the following areas:

mysql security - I setup everything as the default but the sysadmin in me
makes me thing that this might not be the best idea.

mediawiki extensions - a calendar and captcha would be nice. My coding
skills are really rusty so I do not know which is best.

monkeybot maintainer - someone who knows perl enough to feed monkeybot,
the irc bot, until retirement

These tasks are flexible in the following areas:
Geography - it doesn't matter where in the world you live
Time of work - you can do this whenever you can make the time

These tasks are not flexible in the following areas:
Commitment - only serious people who want to get this done in the next
week or two need apply
Expertise - only those who've worked on similar projects will do. I do not
have the background to mentor someone who is just learning.

These are three separate volunteer positions. They can be done by one
person or 3 different people.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher