[wplug] Children's email account?

Jeremey Wise jwise at arrow.com
Tue May 22 13:09:12 EDT 2007

I would have suggested PoPing the mail off the server and then if it
passes, send it back to her account. If it was IMAP,  use a filter to
move the mail into a local folder/ mail store, check it.. then 'move' it
back into her 'inbox'

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 09:56 -0700, terry mcintyre wrote:

> mmm, here's a sketch of how one might approach it - but there's a fair
> bit of work involved as an exercise, be warned.
>
> A) set up fetchmail to grab the mail
> B) send it to an account to which you have access
> C) set up some sort of forwarder on your favorite mail-reader which
> upon your command deposits mail into your daughter's local account
>
> That said - you do know that any child competent enough to use a www
> browser ( which is just about 99%) can access any of a zillion
> web-based email providers and bypass your snooping, right?
>
>  Terry McIntyre
>
> UNIX for hire
> software development / systems administration / security
>
> terrymcintyre at yahoo.com

Jeremey Wise
Senior Consultant
Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions