[wplug] Linux Administration Career Opportunity

Kirk Kaczmarek Kirk at rjdepaul.com
Wed May 9 10:28:41 EDT 2007

Hi Larry,

I'm not sure why the message didn't post, but here is what I originally
sent. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Take care-

Hello,

I'm actively recruiting for the following Linux Administration 6
+consulting (with possible intent to hire) opportunity with American
Eagle Outfitters in Warrendale in the event anybody would be interested
in hearing more details. If so, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Number of Positions Available:  1

Job Responsibilities:
The role of this position is to apply technical expertise in the
investigation, design, architecture, and implementation of enterprise
Linux solutions.     The position may require off-hours support, and
includes the responsibility for managing off-hours support calls to
resolution.  The Linux Administrator will be expected to establish
enterprise standards for the Linux platform in a growing AEO technical
environment.  Beyond establishment of standards and support processes
this resource will support a number of in-flight Portfolio Projects
including the support of Client Server applications such as COFE
(Continuous Order Fulfillment Executor), VeriFone Visual Payments,
NetCool Enterprise Monitoring, Cisco Call Manager (VoIP) and VMWare
(Wintel Virtualization).

Key Tasks include:
*	Configure and build new Linux images (Web Server, Application
Server and Database Server) for production and development use.
*	Develop and maintain procedures to comply with IT best
practices.
*	Develop and maintain documentation of systems configurations and
procedures.
*	Work with other systems administration and network staff
regarding configuration, backup/recovery and security issues.
*	Work with the development community and other administrators to
define and implement standard deployment practices.
*	Assist customers/business partners with problem resolution.
*	Actively participate in the implementation of the NetCool
monitoring solution for the Linux platform.
*	Recommend a fix patch and upgrade schedule.
*	Work with application owners, the technology team and AE
policies and procedures to schedule the application of patches, software
updates and hardware upgrades.
*	Partner with Business Continuity Team to refine and test
disaster recovery systems and procedures.
*	Proactively monitor system health and resource consumption.
*	Maintain currency on Linux hardware and software technology, and
evaluate technologies as needed.
*	Develop automation tools for streamlining workflow and systems
management

EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A key criterion for this role includes a proven record of successful
Linux deployment and administration in an enterprise environment.
Technical expertise /competency in the following:

*	Red Hat Enterprise / RPM (Red Hat certification a plus)
*	TSM backup/restore (Bare Metal Backup and Recovery experience is
a plus)
*	Virtualization – VMWare (ESX)
*	Participate in the design of high availability solutions
*	Architecture and deployment of complex technical solutions
*	Experience administering open-source components including
Tomcat/Apache, Suse, Java, SSH
*	Versed in IT Best Practices and practical application with Open
Source solutions
*	Savvy in providing knowledge transfer / mentoring skills
*	Technical documentation / writing skills
*	Oracle experience a plus
*	SAN experience a plus
*	Scripting experience a plus
*	IBM System p, System i, System x and Blade hardware platform
experience a plus

CRITICAL COMPENTENCIES
Self-Confidence, Adaptability, Critical Thinking, Tenacity, and
Attention to Detail

Job Status:  Contractor
Length of Contract: 6 months
Years of Experience:  4 - 5

With Thanks-

Kirk Kaczmarek
Account Executive
DePaul and Associates
(412) 561-0417
kirk at rjdepaul.com
www.rjdepaul.com

>>> larry at daberko.com 05/09/07 10:03AM >>>
Hmm, does this mean there is NO career opportunities in Linux
Administration at this time? :-)

LBD