[wplug] Wireless AP's - Connection Limit

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon May 7 02:08:27 EDT 2007

I've never heard of such a limit; Cisco doesn't put one on thier data
sheets, for example.  I suspect that the ambient keep-alive traffic (plus
netbios and zeroconf discovery) would exceed the available bandwidth in
the spectrum or CPU on the device before any arbitrary max association
value kicked in.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Mike Griffin wrote:

> The connection limits that are set on wireless AP's, is that something that
> is hardcoded into the firmware?
>
> I was thinking of getting a couple of the Linksys GL/GS's, and putting
> DD-WRT on them to run a wireless network, but I'm worried about the
> connection limit associated with the AP's.
>

> TIA,
>

> -Mike

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."