[wplug] CNN.com: Pittsburgh's "Monitor Queen"

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Fri May 4 17:07:05 EDT 2007

This sounds like a really good idea; I've been trying to get involved in a
project like this for quite a while now. Anyone know where this place is
located in Pittsburgh? The closest thing that I've seen to it was a smaller
computer remanufacturing company outside of Athens, OH. Maybe we could talk
to them about possibly implementing LTSP setups for schools around the area.

On 5/4/07, curlynoodle at gmail.com <curlynoodle at gmail.com> wrote:

> terry mcintyre wrote:
> > Or you could ask Ubuntu to ship 100 CDs, to be included with the
> > systems. Free is better than Microsoft's $3 software, right? ;)
> >
> > Terry McIntyre
>
> I feel Ubuntu or other distro provider should receive something back for
> providing media.  Less than $3 per CD obviously.  However, refurbished
> systems
> should be provided ready-to-use.
>
> On a side note, the media is touting the Microsoft "Student Innovation
> Suite" as
> the "$3 anti-Linux weapon".
>
> Dave

Thanks,

Max Putas
Graduate Student, Telecommunications
Systems Analyst, Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh