Beos...was...Re: [wplug] Circuit City

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:27:33 EST 2007

The last time I looked at SkyOS, it was very impressive for being an almost
completely one-man show. They probably have more developers these days, but
you have to remember that it is a commercial OS.

Haiku (formerly OpenBeOS) (http://haiku-os.org/) is where all of my hopes
lie these days. It's starting to become very usable for testing purposes,
and it's very difficult to see the differences between it and RC5, which is
the goal of the project. This is a really great video if you don't know much
about the project:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=236331448076587879&q=haiku+presentation

On 3/29/07, Matthew J Hughes <mhues_2k at comcast.net> wrote:

> >snip<
> >  I remember the days of going to a Circuit
> > City/Best Buy/Comp USA looking for a specific video card compatible with
> > BeOS (IMHO still the greatest desktop OS).
> >snip<
>
> I would have to disagree, AmigaDos was by far a greater desktop OS.
> Multi-tasking, gui, running on a 68k processor that fit on an 880k
> floppy.
>
> That being said has anybody looked at SkyOS?

Thanks,

Max Putas
Graduate Student, Telecommunications
Systems Analyst, Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh