[wplug] Best Buy buys speakeasy

DK curlynoodle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:14:14 EST 2007

What a shame.  Another good ISP poised for corruption, and likely disassembly as
prices go up and service begins to suffer.  The customer email says that
Speakeasy will remain "independent" under current management, but I expect that
won't last long.

I have been a Speakeasy customer several years.  I've been happy to pay alittle
extra for the geeky features and, in my experience, the best customer service
I've had from an ISP.  I am disappointed that once again, I must choose from the
lesser of two evils, Verizon or Best Buy.

Dave