[wplug] Scripting - Text file manipulation help - probably perl

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Mar 22 16:55:02 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:10:39 -0400
Gentgeen <gentgeen at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> I need a bit of help changing a tab-delimited document (.tsv file)
> into a special format so I can import it into our trouble ticket
> system (RT).

I just wanted to get back to everyone that helped and say "Thank you".

I actually tried all three of the scripts that were sent.  I did have a
problem with UUSWCMMHKFQU at spammotel.com suggestion, but the other two
worked "out of the box".  It was giving me an error about the first line

I will be looking into the Perl books, and thanks again for the heads up
on the LUG discount.

This is the perfect example as to why I love linux... think I need to
note this thread so I can show to my "non-believer" friends.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org